Assigning resources quickly
- Have too many jobs to assign daily by the standard method, and/or
- Prefer to work out your reporter assignments on paper first, then enter them on your job calendar in RB8.
RB8’s Quick Assignments allows you to quickly assign reporters to all of a day’s jobs with no clicking required. Instead, it automatically highlights the first job in the day’s list. You type in part of the reporter’s name you want for the job, RB8 finds the reporter and automatically goes to next job. Even with 100 reporters to assign daily, you can finish the list in a couple of minutes every day.
- Go to Calendar > Quick Assignments.
- RB8 displays all of the jobs for the next day automatically. Click the right (or left) arrow to display the jobs for a different date.
- In the Search Criteria pane, type a part of the resource’s name, then press the Enter key.
- RB8 lists all of the resources that meet the specified search condition in the Search Results section. Use the down (or up) arrow to highlight the resource you want, then press Enter to assign the selected resource to the job.
- RB8 automatically highlights the next job on the grid.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all jobs are assigned.
Listed under RB instructions, Reference, Saving time Tagged paper method, Quick Assignments