RB8 Client installation
[NOTE: RB8 software is no longer available.]
Download, install and set up RB8 client software on your computer, and connect it to your RB8 database.
- When you want to install RB8 on a workstation or laptop, contact us for a download link.
- On the machine you want to install RB8, open the email and click the link. Or open an Internet browser and type or paste the entire address (starting with https) in the URL field.
The link we provide is valid for 48 hours.
- Save the .zip file to your computer.
- After download completes, open the .zip file you saved and extract all files to a folder.
- Once all files have been extracted, navigate to the RB8Client folder that has been created and execute the Setup.exe to begin the installation. To ensure that the installation runs properly, right-click on Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- At the splash screen, click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen, check the I accept the terms in the license agreement box and click Next.
- Enter your user name and company information (optional) and click Next.
- In the Destination Folder screen:
- To install RB8 to the default location, click Next.
- If you wish to change the destination of where RB8 is installed, click Change and select the path manually.
- In the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install to start the installation process.
- Once installation is complete, check the Launch ReporterBase 8 box and click Finish. RB8 launches automatically.
- When you first launch RB8, configure RB8 to point to the RB8 database hosted on your server: In Personal > User Preferences, enter either the server name or the internal static IP of the server in the Server field of the Log On tab.
If your SQL Server was installed using an instance name you’ll need to enter \InstanceName after the server name or IP.
- Click the Log On icon.
- In the Log On window, RB8 should appear in the Database field. Seeing RB8 in the Database Field means that the RB8 client has made a successfully connection to the RB8 database hosted on your server.
- If you already have a user ID and password for RB8, enter those credentials and click OK. If you do not have credentials or this is a brand new system installation, you can use one of our default accounts to log in to RB8:
- User Name: guest, Password: guest
- User Name: administrator, Password: RB8Admin(case sensitive)
- The Auto Update Splash screen will appear. Click Next.
- Click OK in the Restart Needed pop-up.
- Auto Update will recognize a new update is available. Click Next to start the update.
- Once the update completes, RB8 will launch and take you to the Log On window. You can now log in to RB8, and the installation is complete.
There is an additional setting that should be made from the RB8 desktop icon:
- Right-click on the RB8 desktop icon and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Compatibility tab and check the boxes for:
- Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) in the drop-down.
- Run this program as an administrator.
Listed under RB instructions, RB8, Reference, ReporterBase Tagged installation, RB8 Client, RB8 Server, RB8 setup