How to add a credit card payment option to invoices
If your clients want to pay invoices with a credit card, you can easily change your invoices to include a credit card payment box. You can also include a customized invoice message.
Learn how with Ted Yoo, OMTI’s Technical Support Manager, in this instructional video.
Changing your invoice preference
Switch invoice formats easily to include your payment options.
- On the menu bar in RB8, click Personal > User Preferences.
- In the User Preferences window, click Invoice.
- Select one of the credit card options in the Select an invoice format drop-down, then click OK.
To view changes to your invoice set-up, search for an invoice in Billing > Reprint Posted Invoices. Right-click the invoice in the grid and select Preview Invoice > Original Invoice.
Adding new invoice message
Let clients know about your new credit card payment option in the customizable message that prints on every invoice.
- On the menu bar in RB8, click Setup > Invoice Messages.
- With All selected in the Message Group drop-down, click Search.
- All current invoice messages appear. To add a message, right-click on the grid and select New.
- In the New Invoice Message window, enter your new message in the Invoice Message field.
- Check the Set as Default box.
- Click Save and Close.
You can override the default message on any individual invoice by entering the text you want in its Invoice Message field or clicking the binoculars button to select a different invoice message in the Lookup Invoice Message window.