Reviewing case-wide documents
RB Web for Attorneys, Secretaries, Paralegals & Other Clients
Give clients a copy of our RB Web user guide (download from the Team RB > Downloads section of our website) or share these instructions with them:
Using our secure online document repository, clients can access all of their files for a particular case from anywhere they have Internet access.
- Click Case Repository in the navigation bar.
- In the Case Repository screen, search for a case by selecting one or more search filters in the Search Criteria pane:
- Case Name – Enter part of the case name into the field.
- Case No. – Enter part of the case (cause) number.
- Attorney – Select an attorney in the drop-down list.
- Click Search. All potential matches to the information you entered appear. Click the case name to see all of the associated files for the case.
- In the Files screen, search for a file by selecting one or more search filters in the Search Criteria pane:
- File Type – Select a file type in the drop-down list.
- File Name – Enter part of the file name.
- File Description – Enter part of the description.
- Uploaded Date – To find files uploaded for a specific period, enter new beginning and end dates, or click the attached calendar buttons and select dates in the pop-up Date Navigators.
- Click Search.
- Click the download (arrow) button next to the file you want to view or download.
- To track your file viewing and downloading, click Mark as Reviewed for any files you have viewed or downloaded. The date and time replaces Mark as Reviewed. To clear tracking for any file, click the red X next to its date and time.
- Click Back to return to the Case Repository.
To view files without downloading, click the download button. In the pop-up window that appears, click Open. The file opens for viewing in the appropriate viewer, if the viewer is installed on your computer. For example, if you have the Acrobat reader installed, any PDF you select will open without saving to your hard drive.
To change the order of the listings in the Case Repository screen, select a category in the Sort By drop-down, then click Search. For example, to sort a list by size, choose File Size in the Sort By drop-down.
Listed under Marketing, RB instructions, RB Web, Reference, ReporterBase, Training Tagged attorney, case repository, client instructions, paralegal, secretary