2013: 2nd half update
Release date: October 7, 2013
Change the order of misc. charges on an invoice
New functions, Move Up and Move Down, added to step 4 in Production > Turn-in , allowing the order of printing misc. charges that belong to unposted invoices.
Use new system codes for easier file selection
To make file selections easier in PDF Transcript, Transcript Package, Link Exhibits and Master Word List, new system codes, “ASCII”, “Exhibit” and “Video,” have been added to Code Manager’s Repository > File Type.
Only those files whose file type is set to the new system code, ASCII, can be converted into RB-PDF Transcripts, appear in New Transcript Package search results or appear in Master Word List search results.
Only those files whose file type is set to the new system code, Exhibit, will appear in Transcript Package window Exhibits section and Link Exhibits’ PDF Transcript windows.
Only those files whose file type is set to the new system code, Video, will appear in Transcript Package window Video section.
If you prefer not to show these codes to your clients over RB Web,you can turn off “Show on RBWeb” option in the Code Manager.
NOTE: If the same code names were used in your RB8 system, this update will rename them to “ASCII-1”, “Exhibit-1” and “Video-1.” Use the new Merge To function in Repository > File Type to globally change various old codes to the corresponding new system codes.
Look up who created or modified parties & orders
Last Modified, Last Modified By, Created and Created By fields now appear in Case Manager and Calendar Manager party information, and Turn-in order information.
Quickly update job location when ordering party changes
If a job’s location is set to “Same Location as Order Client” in Calendar Manager and the ordering firm is changed, you can update the location to the new firm or keep the original location with the click of a button.
Automatically log Sales Rep/Client Of changes
RB8 creates a Notes Log entry in the current window when:
- The Sales Rep is changed for a job in Calendar Manager.
- The Sales Rep is changed for a case in Case Manager.
- The Sales Rep or Client Of is changed for a job in Production Turn-in.
- The Sales Rep or Client Of is changed for a firm or contact in Setup.
Attach ASCII files to RB Transcript Packages
You can attach ASCII files to transcripts in the Other Files section of New Transcript Package and Transcript Package windows.
Add billing addresses for resources
Billing Address section has been added to the Additional tab in Setup > Resources. If a resource has a billing address, it will be used for printing checks in Payables > Print Checks.
Notify parties instantly when RB Transcript Packages are available
A new function, Send Notifications, has been added to the Transcript Package window to send automatic emails to job parties when an RB Transcript Package is ready for viewing. Set up the subject, message and foot of the Notification Email on the new tab, Transcript Package, in Tools > Web > Site Configurations.
Update multiple contacts’ billing email addresses at once
A new selection, Billing Email, has been added to the Bulk Update function in Setup > Contacts.
Speed up exhibit linking
Two features added to Production > Link Exhibits will help you create PDF transcripts with hyperlinked exhibits faster:
- When adding exhibits from your repository (Add > From Repository), only those exhibits associated with the current witness will be available.
- Set up frequently used patterns in Tools > Pattern List for Linking Exhibits. Then instead of typing a pattern each time you want to use it to link exhibits with in Add Alias Pattern, you can select it from your list.
Show clients more info about files and resources online
In the Code Manager, you can turn on or off whether repository file types or resource specialties appear in RB Web.
RB Web SSL certification has been strengthened
We have applied a new SSL Certificate to RB Web and updated the Java Applet for uploading multiple files.
New features for attorneys using RB Web
- Attorneys can search their account activity with 2 addtional filters: Job No. and Invoice No.
- If you want attorneys to see the billing rate for a service item, you can set “Show rate per unit when detailed” for the business unit.
- Attorneys can choose Page No. and Scale Font Size when exporting condensed transcripts from RB Transcript Packages. They can also choose to place line numbers outside the box in full-page transcripts.
- Exhibits, Videos or Other Files sections appear in RB Transcript Packages only if there are attached files in those categories.
- Attorneys cannot export transcripts from RB Transcript Packages if they haven’t synced after highlighting or commenting.
- Download speed has been increased increased for RB Transcript Packages.
- The minimum number of characters needed in Repository Text Search “Word(s) to search for” has been reduced to 2.
New features for reporters and other resources using RB Web
- Business Unit ID has been added to the Billing Sheet making it easier for resources to track where their payments come from.
- Resources can search their payment activity by Job No.
Also in this release:
- A new column, BU, has been added to the grid in Inquiry > Witness Inquiry.
- In Payables > Pay Resources, Set Pay and Clear Pay now work with multiple rows.
- Since the Delete Transcript Package function requires a long processing time, the minimum query timeout has been extended to 180 seconds.